Digital signage can be a great way to enhance your event. Digital signs are attention grabbing, give an event a "tech-savvy" feel, and allow for last-minute, real-time changes. It's a great option for welcoming attendees, promoting interaction through social media, helping attendees find their way, and more. Digital signage can be appropriate for events that are utilizing several different rooms (where attendees may need help locating their respective meeting rooms), and multi-day events.
Use digital signage to display a variety of engaging (even live!) content:
- Countdown clocks (timers for breaks, lunch, activities, etc.)
- Stock ticker
- RSS feeds
- Directional signage (layout of the hotel, which meetings are in which rooms)
- Welcome board
- Transportation options / times
- Social media or conference apps
- Attendee recognition
- Video (including audio)
- Highlight and promote upcoming sessions/speakers
- Content can be updated and displayed real-time (such as agendas or room changes)
- Visually engaging and attention-grabbing—add motion, sound
- Scalable (can be shown on any size monitor or even a projector)
- Enhance branding—design digital signage to match and promote the event's theme
- Display diverse, dynamic content: news feeds, social media, RSS, html content, static images, video
- More sustainable—no printing banners that you'll simply throw away after the meeting
- More versatile than printed signage
Want to use digital signage at your next meeting? Here's what you'll need:
- Media player (the digital signage hardware)
- Monitor; can be full 1080 display
- Internet connection (can be wireless)
- Graphics (JPGS) or videos (SWF) to display on the digital signage
Tips for Digital Signage Success
- An Internet connection is needed for the digital signage to function properly. If possible, run the content through one cycle to help it cache for faster loading during the event.
- Allocate adequate time for pre-production. You'll need to work with the design team to produce graphics that will look professional and effectively communicate the desired information.
- To get the most out of your digital signage, plan for an on-site digital signage manager to be in charge of the signage during the event (this person is responsible for setup, scheduling the content, creating new content on-site, and addressing any technical issues that may arise.)
- One of the biggest benefits of digital signage is that real-time changes are possible. If a room or start-time changes at the last minute, it can be easily updated on the digital signage to alert attendees to the change.
- Spend time finding the right locations for the digital signage—they should be visible but not in the way.
- Adding digital signage to your event will add additional preparation time and expense—weight the pros and cons to determine if it's a good fit for your meeting.
Interested in adding digital signage to your next event? Contact AVS Group.